Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Visa application delay (sigh)


(Follow-up to: previously...)

Two months later than I expected, the feds did finally get to my fiance visa application. But at the end of last week, I saw that I was being sent an RFE ("Request For Additional Evidence"). It arrived yesterday. They now want two additional items:

1. Although I included a statement about our intent to marry, they want a statement from Victor about that as well. I've asked Victor to do that, but it will likely take another week for his signed statement to reach me.

2. Although I included plenty of statements and photos showing that we have been physically together repeatedly, they want some sort of outside-party proof of that, like airline ticket stubs ― who keeps those?? fewer flights now even use them! ― or passport stamps. I'll send some barely legible passport stamps and United Airlines records of some of my flights. I thought for sure they would have a complete record of every time I re-entered the U.S. from Mexico! Silly me!

Apparently, an RFE will usually delay the next steps by about three weeks. I still think Victor will get here, but it may not happen this year after all. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment