Saturday, February 25, 2017

Autographs ― Alison Bechdel


I've long been a fan of Alison Bechdel. Her 'Dykes to Watch Out For' comic strip was always my favorite item in The Lesbian News, until she stopped it, and I bought her book Fun Home as soon as it came out.

This week, the Tony Award-winning stage musical based on that book came to town. I saw it two nights ago, and loved it.

Happily, as part of that, Bechdel also came to L.A. Today, I attended her talk at the Santa Monica Public Library, and I got her to autograph my book. She noticed that I had the first edition of the book.

(Index of autographs)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I'm so happy that you were able to get Alison's autograph in person. I'd love to hear what she was like... and what she talked about at the Santa Monica library.

    ReplyDelete