Thursday, July 23, 2020

Medical problems


After the virus-related problems previously mentioned, our next biggest problem has been getting medical appointments. I'm paying a lot to add Victor to my insurance as of January. We made an appointment for a physical on Friday, March 20th. On Monday, March 16th, they began changing all optional appointments to a telephone call because of the virus. I also wanted an optometry appointment for Victor, but now the earliest would be July.

In June, we re-scheduled his physical for July. That actually happened, finally. But then the latest closures took away the optometry appointment. GRRR. I'll try again later.

Separately, a new medical problem for me. I had a red bump on my groin that wasn't a pimple. Days later, I had a larger red patch on my thigh. A couple of more days and another one. This past Tuesday night, a third, and I decided I needed to see a doctor. Overnight, it occurred to me that it might be shingles. As soon as I googled some images, that seemed certain. Yesterday afternoon, an Urgent Care doctor confirmed it (and prescribed a week of three-times-a-day generic Valtrex). Fortunately, my shingles are only slightly painful. 

1 comment:

  1. Rodney, I’m very sorry to hear about your shingles! I hope that you are already starting to get better by now.

    ReplyDelete