In the wake of the Supreme Court's ruling on prayer before government meetings, I sent the following letter to the Los Angeles Times (not published):
Keep your religion to yourself.Let me elaborate here:
Why is that so hard?
- If you're not with co-religionists, keep your religion to yourself.
- Pray anytime and anywhere you like, but silently.
- If you shove your religion in my face, I may not react sweetly.
- Don't expect me to respect your religion. I probably respect it less than I do the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
- I don't want your imaginary god's blessing when I sneeze. Try “Good health to you” or, shorter, “Gesundheit” or “Salud”.
(See also Why I am an angry atheist.)