Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Las Vegas, Valley of Fire and Death Valley (March 2015)


Furnace Creek Ranch, where we stayed
(click photo to enlarge it)

I took this one-week tour last month. It started with two nights in Las Vegas, including most of a day at nearby Valley of Fire State Park. We then moved to Death Valley. We hiked every day.

I hadn't been in Las Vegas in more than 20 years, so I arrived early in the day. With the extra time, I walked to the Strip, of course, spending time at the Bellagio and then stopping in several other stores. Only when the tour group first got together that evening did I learn that we were to spend the next evening at the Bellagio!

The weather was not great while we were in Nevada. Much cooler than normal, often windy, and it rained off and on while we were at Valley of Fire Park.

Three photos from Las Vegas and two from Valley of Fire.

The weather was better in Death Valley, and we had lots of good hikes. 19 photos

Our bus driver had a cap with included spiky gray hair. I borrowed it for this photo (again, click the photo to enlarge it) :



No comments:

Post a Comment