Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Fiancé visa on hold


I called back as soon as I could, August 22, to try to get a new interview date. They said they could now report (?!) our missed interview and I should call back in a few days. I called Monday, Aug. 27, while waiting for my connecting flight at the Montréal airport. I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me. I called this morning, Aug. 29, and they said to wait a few more days. They refused to say why, or exactly when, or even how many days it took the last person who got a new interview date. GRRR!

A bit later, I thought I should try the website where I first chose an interview date —  the one that earlier in the summer was simply showing our scheduled Aug. 21 interview. There was a "Continue" button, then a choice for "Missed interview," and a box to explain why. Once I submitted that, I was immediately able to select a new interview date!

On the pop-up calendar, I tried a mid-September date, but it wouldn't click. I tried several times, as well as different dates. October dates were the same. I clicked forward through November. When I got to December, there were clearly dates available. I chose one of the earliest, Dec. 18th. That worked, and we're now set for a new Juárez interview then.

I have no idea why the first available dates were so far in the future. Is it just happenstance, or seasonal, or Trump's State Dept. cuts, or ... ?

So much more needless delay. Now Victor won't be here until next year at the earliest. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment