Friday, December 28, 2018

Getting legally stoned


Now that pot is state-legal, I've been experimenting for the first time in decades. Here's what I've done this year:

In February, I bought THC tincture. One dropper sublingually (Feb) did nothing. Two droppers (June) did nothing. Three droppers (July) got me very slightly "fuzzy".

In August, I bought a vaping pen and one cartridge. But in October, before I had a chance to try them, I was given a tin of THC-and-chocolate-coated blueberries. On Oct 18, I tried two berries got a very slight, short-lived buzz.

On Oct. 26, I had four berries and finally got high! After 2 hours, I felt unstable mentally and physically and had time dilation. I was also quite happy. All of this lasted for more than two more hours.

The other day, I noticed the tin has a Best By Date of 11/17/18, and they are berries, after all; they might indeed go bad. So I decided to use some more yesterday. I tried five this time, hoping for one more thing I remember from decades ago and still hadn't experienced since: the urge to speak or write some discoveries. It worked! I think 5 berries (25 mg THC) is the perfect ingested dose for what I was after.

Details (from notes written while high!) : 
  • 10:50 am - early lunch
  • 1 pm - five berries
  • 1:10 to 2:10 - walk to Nina, walk with Nina, walk to park bench
  • 2 - slightly woozy ... medium-term memory effects
  • 2:15 - time dilation; easily distractable; thoughts jumpy; easy to "follow" a flock of circling crows ― pick out the leader(s), see the flight pattern
  • 2:20 - colder wind, less sun on the bench; start to move indoors. Time dilation: walking home seemed to take a long time, but it didn't, according to my watch
  • 2:30 - more loquacious [than last time]; unsteady; happy; mental maps falter
  • 2:40 - further time dilation. This is probably the perfect dose for what I was seeking!
  • 2:45 - The physical unsteadiness may just be a side-effect of time dilation: I seem to feel the various tiny movements of my body that I feel (!) must be always there, and it registers as unsteadiness.
  • 3 - Might the same be true of thoughts?!
  • 3:15 -  More of the same; nothing new. I think it's mostly time dilation that causes the rest.
  • 3:40 - Can still play FreeCell (but probably not sudoku)
  • 4 - continuing; intermittently, just a smidge euphoric; now I want to close my eyes, maybe sleep
  • 5 - continuing
  • 5:30 - continuing
  • 6:30 - almost all gone
  • 7:30 - slight residual wooziness. Also, I wasn't especially hungry during most of this time, but once I started eating dinner (around 6), I've been noshing since!

Reflecting the next day, I still think my stoned revelation was correct: I think most of my "unsteadiness" when stoned, both physical and mental, is a side-effect of the time dilation.

Addendum

I did it once more on 14 January. I decided ahead of time to find out what the effect of time dilation would be on listening to music, reading, doodling, and sex. I wrote these down so I wouldn't forget. I ate five berries.

From notes written while high, here are the results:

Music — At first, just background. Hard to focus on. Somewhat difficult to physically "keep time" (hand or finger or foot tapping) Music is too darn fast! But an hour later, it sometimes seemed too slow; different, in part, depending on whether I'm trying to physically keep time or not.

Reading 
 I can't read even a single sentence if it's a bit long; by the time I get to the end, I don't remember the beginning.

Doodling 
 At first, hesitation / indecision / reluctance (or is it only time delay?) No inspiration. But soon, the hesitation was mostly gone or, at least, different: No longer a reluctance to draw, just "Where now?". I'm seeing shapes / directions (more than usual) in the doodles that make me want to either change (if I don't like what I see) or reinforce (if I do) the design. Examples: Oh, that is beginning to look like part of an alligator / a dog / a person... but I don't want that here, so stop that line and go somewhere else. As time went on, my doodling simplified and worsened.

Sex (masturbation)  It seemed difficult to get a full erection, but maybe that was just time dilation. I did eventually come, in a usual amount. No heightened sensations.

One other thing: Quantitative adjectives and adverbs (very much, somewhat, more, etc.) are difficult while stoned: If I start one, I immediately interrupt myself: "Are you sure or just stoned?"

That's it for the berries. 

2 comments: