Friday, April 5, 2019

Visa progress


Sudden, silent rule changes

Progress, but not quite complete.

We finally made it through the interview, but now they require us to mail in several documents: an updated official police report showing that Victor still hasn't been arrested (we had one a year ago; now they want another), and both Victor's and my birth certificates (see "rule changes" below). At least we don't have to return to Juarez!

We are also to include Victor's current passport. That's a sign that they will, finally, paste a visa in it!

Victor's interview appointment was for 8:15 am Thursday. He was at the consulate just after 8 am. He did not get out until just before noon! He spent more than three hours waiting in multiple lines.




This time, we only spent one night in Juarez. We flew in Wednesday, had the interview Thursday morning, and flew out Thursday night.

Sudden, silent rule changes

I can't understand why they need our birth certificates, since they've seen our passports! 

Also, Form I-134, about my finances, has a section asking about my U.S. citizenship: if I was born in the U.S., give city and state and SSN. It does not ask for any documentation of that. I had to attach tons of documentation about my finances, but nothing about my citizenship. This form, last updated in February 2019 (!), was one we just submitted at the interview. 

I guess they just changed the rules in March, deciding that now they need documentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment