Sunday, April 28, 2019

Comic books


While I'm on the subject of magazine collections, I must write about comic books. From childhood into my teens, I read lots of comic books. 

At some point, I started saving some of them, too. When I went away to college, I had two bags of comics saved at home. One was a mixed group of comics, the other was my favorite, a nearly complete collection of early X-Men comics, including #1. I think I had about 20 of the first 25 issues. This one was years later:



I also was a charter member of the Merry Marvel Marching Society:



Years later, I couldn't find the X-Men collection. My mother said that, during her several years as a substitute elementary school teacher, she let her students cut them up to help learn reading. She didn't realize their value to me, but I never forgave her.

The remaining bag contains over 40 comics, including 


Click here to see a photo album of twenty of them, plus those buttons.

1 comment: