Monday, April 15, 2019

Sweepstakes and a minor rarity



I enter sweepstakes all the time. I win small prizes now and then. In recent years, I've won a digital camera and a couple of $100 gift cards. My largest wins, years ago, have been travel: my Katmai and Puerto Vallarta trips. I also won $10,000 cash in an LATimes sweepstakes. That was in 2010, and helped me decide to retire in 2011.

In the current Albertsons Monopoly sweepstakes, I won $5 cash in the first weeks and again last week. I've also won a free bagel twice. The other day, I got this game ticket:



It's good for a $5 gift card, and it's highly unusual. It's uncommon for one game ticket to have even two pieces for the same prize. This one has four! Since this prize requires exactly those four pieces, this is a winner all by itself! Unheard of!

When I turned it in, the clerk agreed she had never seen this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment